Oct 9, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Team Falken Tire will round out its 2013 campaign in the American Le Mans Series with Nick Tandy rejoining the team as he did at the season opener in Sebring, and a new livery on its 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.
Tandy joined Falken’s full season drivers Bryan Sellers and Porsche factory ace Wolf Henzler at the 12 Hours of Sebring and the team finished third in the highly stacked GT class. Now, Tandy will race the team’s second car, after it was pressed into action following a bad start-line crash at Baltimore that wiped out the 2012-spec RSR.
“I’m really looking forward to coming back to the American Le Mans Series, back to Falken and also back to Road Atlanta,” Tandy said in a team release. “After the team’s great performance and result at Sebring when I last competed with Falken I’m hoping for more success and will be pushing flat out to achieve this.”
The team’s usual teal and blue livery on the car will be replaced by a fan’s design as created in a Forza Motorsport contest. More than 200 designs were submitted with the final six then voted on on Falken’s Facebook page; Kevin Neuville of Belgium’s design was chosen to be raced.
Also of note, expect Team Falken team manager Derrick Walker to be in attendance and on the box for Petit Le Mans, as IndyCar closes out its 2013 season the same day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.
There have been several IndyCar/ALMS conflicts since Walker joined Team Falken Tire at the start of the 2012 season; in all instances, Walker has been on the box for Falken. Walker was team manager at Ed Carpenter Racing through this year’s Indianapolis 500, before taking on his new role with IndyCar as President of Competition and Operations.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 9
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0