Oct 9, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Team Falken Tire will round out its 2013 campaign in the American Le Mans Series with Nick Tandy rejoining the team as he did at the season opener in Sebring, and a new livery on its 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.
Tandy joined Falken’s full season drivers Bryan Sellers and Porsche factory ace Wolf Henzler at the 12 Hours of Sebring and the team finished third in the highly stacked GT class. Now, Tandy will race the team’s second car, after it was pressed into action following a bad start-line crash at Baltimore that wiped out the 2012-spec RSR.
“I’m really looking forward to coming back to the American Le Mans Series, back to Falken and also back to Road Atlanta,” Tandy said in a team release. “After the team’s great performance and result at Sebring when I last competed with Falken I’m hoping for more success and will be pushing flat out to achieve this.”
The team’s usual teal and blue livery on the car will be replaced by a fan’s design as created in a Forza Motorsport contest. More than 200 designs were submitted with the final six then voted on on Falken’s Facebook page; Kevin Neuville of Belgium’s design was chosen to be raced.
Also of note, expect Team Falken team manager Derrick Walker to be in attendance and on the box for Petit Le Mans, as IndyCar closes out its 2013 season the same day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.
There have been several IndyCar/ALMS conflicts since Walker joined Team Falken Tire at the start of the 2012 season; in all instances, Walker has been on the box for Falken. Walker was team manager at Ed Carpenter Racing through this year’s Indianapolis 500, before taking on his new role with IndyCar as President of Competition and Operations.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)