Oct 9, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Team Falken Tire will round out its 2013 campaign in the American Le Mans Series with Nick Tandy rejoining the team as he did at the season opener in Sebring, and a new livery on its 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR.
Tandy joined Falken’s full season drivers Bryan Sellers and Porsche factory ace Wolf Henzler at the 12 Hours of Sebring and the team finished third in the highly stacked GT class. Now, Tandy will race the team’s second car, after it was pressed into action following a bad start-line crash at Baltimore that wiped out the 2012-spec RSR.
“I’m really looking forward to coming back to the American Le Mans Series, back to Falken and also back to Road Atlanta,” Tandy said in a team release. “After the team’s great performance and result at Sebring when I last competed with Falken I’m hoping for more success and will be pushing flat out to achieve this.”
The team’s usual teal and blue livery on the car will be replaced by a fan’s design as created in a Forza Motorsport contest. More than 200 designs were submitted with the final six then voted on on Falken’s Facebook page; Kevin Neuville of Belgium’s design was chosen to be raced.
Also of note, expect Team Falken team manager Derrick Walker to be in attendance and on the box for Petit Le Mans, as IndyCar closes out its 2013 season the same day at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.
There have been several IndyCar/ALMS conflicts since Walker joined Team Falken Tire at the start of the 2012 season; in all instances, Walker has been on the box for Falken. Walker was team manager at Ed Carpenter Racing through this year’s Indianapolis 500, before taking on his new role with IndyCar as President of Competition and Operations.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 7
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1