Oct 10, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
There were highs and lows throughout the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston doubleheader weekend for the IZOD IndyCar Series. Here’s a quick 3-minute recap of the pair of races, Race 1 won by Scott Dixon, Race 2 by Will Power.
Dixon now leads the series championship by 25 points over Helio Castroneves, who had a miserable weekend in Houston and lost 74 points total to Dixon. Dixon’s first and second place results secured his unofficial role as top driver on doubleheader weekends this year.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)