Oct 10, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
There were highs and lows throughout the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston doubleheader weekend for the IZOD IndyCar Series. Here’s a quick 3-minute recap of the pair of races, Race 1 won by Scott Dixon, Race 2 by Will Power.
Dixon now leads the series championship by 25 points over Helio Castroneves, who had a miserable weekend in Houston and lost 74 points total to Dixon. Dixon’s first and second place results secured his unofficial role as top driver on doubleheader weekends this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1