Oct 10, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
There were highs and lows throughout the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston doubleheader weekend for the IZOD IndyCar Series. Here’s a quick 3-minute recap of the pair of races, Race 1 won by Scott Dixon, Race 2 by Will Power.
Dixon now leads the series championship by 25 points over Helio Castroneves, who had a miserable weekend in Houston and lost 74 points total to Dixon. Dixon’s first and second place results secured his unofficial role as top driver on doubleheader weekends this year.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)