Oct 10, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The race at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan is the only race in a six-race stretch (Singapore, Korea, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi, USA-Austin) on a track not designed by Hermann Tilke.
Pirelli Racing Manager Mario Isola describes how the tire manufacturer’s hard and medium compounds will work at the 3.6-mile circuit, which has many high-speed, flowing corners and is unique in Formula One to feature an overpass and underpass. It also has the legendary and iconic 130R, a flat-out left hand sweeper that puts a ton of load onto the right front tire.
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 0
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 0
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 16
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1