Oct 11, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
After posting the second-fastest time during today’s opening practice session for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Kurt Busch (pictured) topped final practice for tomorrow’s Bank of America 500 with a lap of 190.759 miles per hour in the No. 78 Furniture Row Racing Chevrolet.
Kansas winner Kevin Harvick, who won the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte this past May, was P2 in “Happy Hour” at 189.613 mph. Brad Keselowski (189.401 mph), Clint Bowyer (189.268 mph), and Kyle Busch (189.155 mph) rounded out the Top 5, while tomorrow’s pole sitter, Jeff Gordon, was 10th in the session (188.653 mph).
Kyle Busch wound up pacing the aforementioned opening practice in the No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, topping out at 189.447 miles per hour. He’ll look to overcome a poor outing last weekend at Kansas, and will start ninth tomorrow alongside his brother Kurt in 10th position.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0