Oct 11, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
NASCAR races at Darlington Raceway and Kansas Speedway will swap dates for 2014 as part of a revised full season Sprint Cup schedule.
Darlington shifts from its Mother’s Day Saturday night race in May to Saturday, April 12 for the Bojangles Southern 500, with the Nationwide Series on the Friday, April 11.
Kansas will now run the first of its two Cup races on Saturday night, May 10, with the Camping World Trucks Friday night, May 9. The race’s second Cup date will still be in October, on Oct. 5.
NASCAR has yet to release its full 2014 Sprint Cup schedule, but it should be out within the next couple weeks.
Kansas also dropped a nugget as it pertains to support and developmental series running with the new TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in 2014, per an MRN Radio release.
The track’s infield road course hosted a round of the GRAND-AM Rolex Series this year, won by Jordan Taylor over Scott Pruett in a knockdown, drag-out fight. But Kansas did not make the 2014 TUDOR Championship schedule for United SportsCar.
The track announced that the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, IMSA Prototype Lites and IMSA Porsche GT3 Challenge will race on the road course on June 7. They are three of the series set to run with the TUDOR Championship on its schedule, or independently on some weekends.
Expect this as the first of several announcements where these or other series could be racing at tracks that did not secure a date on the 2014 TUDOR Championship calendar.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0