Oct 13, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
Suzuka has seen its fair share of action over the years, cementing itself a place in F1 history by hosting some of the most iconic moments in the history of the sport. This weekend could see another entry into the rich history of Japan’s favorite circuit as Sebastian Vettel goes in search of his fourth world championship in the land of the rising sun. Should the German driver win the race at Suzuka and closest-rival Fernando Alonso finish ninth or lower, the championship will be over and Vettel will be just the third man in the history of the sport to win four consecutive world titles. Although it is unlikely, Vettel’s affinity for the circuit means that it is not inconceivable.
As well as watching the Japanese Grand Prix on NBCSN from 1:30am ET, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
Formula One races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: The IZOD IndyCar Series, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
You can also follow the Japanese Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing commentary throughout the race.
Finally, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)