Oct 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Before Scott Dixon and Helio Castroneves settle their battle for the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series championship on Saturday night at Auto Club Speedway, NBCSN will air a special, one-hour preview show Thursday night at 8 p.m. ET that will also feature the official unveiling of the 2014 IndyCar schedule.
Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles will join NBCSN’s Robin Miller to discuss the schedule, while Miller will also join NBCSN colleagues Leigh Diffey and Kevin Lee in setting the stage for the season-ending MAV TV 500 at ACS.
Going into the 250-lap event, Dixon holds a 25-point edge on Castroneves after picking up a win and a runner-up in the Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston doubleheader weekend on Oct. 5-6.
In regards to the race weekend, NBCSN will air MAV TV 500 qualifying on Friday night at 7 p.m. ET. Then on Saturday, coverage will begin at 7 p.m. ET with the Firestone Indy Lights’ season finale at ACS, which will lead into the IndyCar main event at 8 p.m. ET.
The MAV TV 500 will also be streamed online and on your mobile devices through NBC Sports Live Extra. Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 0
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0