Oct 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
FIA World Endurance Championship squad Rebellion Racing led both sessions of testing today at Road Atlanta in advance of this weekend’s Petit Le Mans, the season – and series – finale for the American Le Mans Series.
In the afternoon run, Nick Heidfeld logged the fastest lap of the day – 1 minute, 9.816 seconds (130.973 mph) – in Rebellion’s No. 12 Lola B12/60-Toyota (pictured, from this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans). Heidfeld is sharing the No. 12 this weekend with Neel Jani and Nicolas Prost, who both won last year’s Petit for the team alongside Andrea Belicchi.
Right behind them were the ALMS’ reigning P1 champions from Muscle Milk Pickett Racing. Their No. 6 Honda Performance Development ARX-03c, to be driven by Klaus Graf, Lucas Luhr and Romain Dumas, logged a best lap of 1 minute, 10.875 seconds in the morning session.
Third-fastest overall was the No. 16 Dyson Racing Lola B12/60-Mazda of Chris Dyson, Tony Burgess and Chris McMurry with a time of 1 minute, 11.723 seconds.
Also atop the charts in their respective classes today were:
P2 – No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b (Scott Tucker/Ryan Briscoe), 1 minute, 14.008 seconds (123.554 mph)
Prototype Challenge – No. 25 8Star Motorsports ORECA FLM09 (Ozz Negri/Sean Rayhall), 1 minute, 15.558 seconds (121.020 mph)
GT – No. 91 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R (Dominik Farnbacher/Marc Goossens/Ryan Dalziel), 1 minute, 19.340 seconds (115.251 mph)
GT Challenge – No. 44 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Dion von Moltke/Seth Neiman/Brett Sandberg), 1 minute, 24.219 seconds (108.574 mph)
Testing will resume on Wednesday afternoon.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)