Oct 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
FIA World Endurance Championship squad Rebellion Racing led both sessions of testing today at Road Atlanta in advance of this weekend’s Petit Le Mans, the season – and series – finale for the American Le Mans Series.
In the afternoon run, Nick Heidfeld logged the fastest lap of the day – 1 minute, 9.816 seconds (130.973 mph) – in Rebellion’s No. 12 Lola B12/60-Toyota (pictured, from this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans). Heidfeld is sharing the No. 12 this weekend with Neel Jani and Nicolas Prost, who both won last year’s Petit for the team alongside Andrea Belicchi.
Right behind them were the ALMS’ reigning P1 champions from Muscle Milk Pickett Racing. Their No. 6 Honda Performance Development ARX-03c, to be driven by Klaus Graf, Lucas Luhr and Romain Dumas, logged a best lap of 1 minute, 10.875 seconds in the morning session.
Third-fastest overall was the No. 16 Dyson Racing Lola B12/60-Mazda of Chris Dyson, Tony Burgess and Chris McMurry with a time of 1 minute, 11.723 seconds.
Also atop the charts in their respective classes today were:
P2 – No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b (Scott Tucker/Ryan Briscoe), 1 minute, 14.008 seconds (123.554 mph)
Prototype Challenge – No. 25 8Star Motorsports ORECA FLM09 (Ozz Negri/Sean Rayhall), 1 minute, 15.558 seconds (121.020 mph)
GT – No. 91 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R (Dominik Farnbacher/Marc Goossens/Ryan Dalziel), 1 minute, 19.340 seconds (115.251 mph)
GT Challenge – No. 44 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Dion von Moltke/Seth Neiman/Brett Sandberg), 1 minute, 24.219 seconds (108.574 mph)
Testing will resume on Wednesday afternoon.
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2