Oct 14, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
FIA World Endurance Championship squad Rebellion Racing led both sessions of testing today at Road Atlanta in advance of this weekend’s Petit Le Mans, the season – and series – finale for the American Le Mans Series.
In the afternoon run, Nick Heidfeld logged the fastest lap of the day – 1 minute, 9.816 seconds (130.973 mph) – in Rebellion’s No. 12 Lola B12/60-Toyota (pictured, from this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans). Heidfeld is sharing the No. 12 this weekend with Neel Jani and Nicolas Prost, who both won last year’s Petit for the team alongside Andrea Belicchi.
Right behind them were the ALMS’ reigning P1 champions from Muscle Milk Pickett Racing. Their No. 6 Honda Performance Development ARX-03c, to be driven by Klaus Graf, Lucas Luhr and Romain Dumas, logged a best lap of 1 minute, 10.875 seconds in the morning session.
Third-fastest overall was the No. 16 Dyson Racing Lola B12/60-Mazda of Chris Dyson, Tony Burgess and Chris McMurry with a time of 1 minute, 11.723 seconds.
Also atop the charts in their respective classes today were:
P2 – No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b (Scott Tucker/Ryan Briscoe), 1 minute, 14.008 seconds (123.554 mph)
Prototype Challenge – No. 25 8Star Motorsports ORECA FLM09 (Ozz Negri/Sean Rayhall), 1 minute, 15.558 seconds (121.020 mph)
GT – No. 91 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R (Dominik Farnbacher/Marc Goossens/Ryan Dalziel), 1 minute, 19.340 seconds (115.251 mph)
GT Challenge – No. 44 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Dion von Moltke/Seth Neiman/Brett Sandberg), 1 minute, 24.219 seconds (108.574 mph)
Testing will resume on Wednesday afternoon.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4