Oct 15, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
“A fun fact: As of last night, I am the only driver in the top 10 in @NASCAR_NNS points with out a cup start. #Lame
He must have had an ace up his sleeve, because on Tuesday it was announced that stat will change. Kligerman will make his Cup debut at Texas on Nov. 3 with Swan Racing, which of late has run Cole Whitt and Kevin Swindell in its No. 30 Toyota.
“Since I started racing, my dream like many young racers, was to get to the top, which means competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” Kligerman said in a team release. “Now that Swan Racing has given me that opportunity, I hope to make the most of it. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and to Swan Racing.”
Kligerman is racing in this weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Talladega in the No. 20 Bragg Racing Group Toyota Tundra. He won the race driving for Red Horse Racing last year.
He currently ranks 10th in the Nationwide Series points, driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports 1
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement 10
- 2014 F1 schedule finalized without New Jersey, Mexico, and Korea 0
- Jeff Burton joins NBC Sports as NASCAR analyst 2
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN 6
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (8)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)
- FIA considering pole trophy and permanent numbers (6)