Oct 15, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
“A fun fact: As of last night, I am the only driver in the top 10 in @NASCAR_NNS points with out a cup start. #Lame
He must have had an ace up his sleeve, because on Tuesday it was announced that stat will change. Kligerman will make his Cup debut at Texas on Nov. 3 with Swan Racing, which of late has run Cole Whitt and Kevin Swindell in its No. 30 Toyota.
“Since I started racing, my dream like many young racers, was to get to the top, which means competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” Kligerman said in a team release. “Now that Swan Racing has given me that opportunity, I hope to make the most of it. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and to Swan Racing.”
Kligerman is racing in this weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Talladega in the No. 20 Bragg Racing Group Toyota Tundra. He won the race driving for Red Horse Racing last year.
He currently ranks 10th in the Nationwide Series points, driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 0
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 1
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Who are the new rookies in F1 this season? 1
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)