Oct 15, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
“A fun fact: As of last night, I am the only driver in the top 10 in @NASCAR_NNS points with out a cup start. #Lame
He must have had an ace up his sleeve, because on Tuesday it was announced that stat will change. Kligerman will make his Cup debut at Texas on Nov. 3 with Swan Racing, which of late has run Cole Whitt and Kevin Swindell in its No. 30 Toyota.
“Since I started racing, my dream like many young racers, was to get to the top, which means competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” Kligerman said in a team release. “Now that Swan Racing has given me that opportunity, I hope to make the most of it. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and to Swan Racing.”
Kligerman is racing in this weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Talladega in the No. 20 Bragg Racing Group Toyota Tundra. He won the race driving for Red Horse Racing last year.
He currently ranks 10th in the Nationwide Series points, driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4