Oct 17, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Todd Parrott, former championship-winning crew chief and the current crew chief for Aric Almirola‘s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for a substance violation.
A NASCAR release indicated Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.
Parrott won the 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup championship with Dale Jarrett and was also part of Rusty Wallace’s championship-winning effort, as a crewmember in 1989. As a crew chief, his drivers have won 31 races.
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 4
- FOM confirms proposed 2016 F1 calendar has been leaked 0