Oct 17, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Todd Parrott, former championship-winning crew chief and the current crew chief for Aric Almirola‘s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for a substance violation.
A NASCAR release indicated Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.
Parrott won the 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup championship with Dale Jarrett and was also part of Rusty Wallace’s championship-winning effort, as a crewmember in 1989. As a crew chief, his drivers have won 31 races.
Video from NASCAR America
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 17
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6