Oct 17, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Todd Parrott, former championship-winning crew chief and the current crew chief for Aric Almirola‘s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for a substance violation.
A NASCAR release indicated Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.
Parrott won the 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup championship with Dale Jarrett and was also part of Rusty Wallace’s championship-winning effort, as a crewmember in 1989. As a crew chief, his drivers have won 31 races.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 1
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 0
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 2
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0