Oct 17, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Todd Parrott, former championship-winning crew chief and the current crew chief for Aric Almirola‘s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for a substance violation.
A NASCAR release indicated Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.
Parrott won the 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup championship with Dale Jarrett and was also part of Rusty Wallace’s championship-winning effort, as a crewmember in 1989. As a crew chief, his drivers have won 31 races.
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1
- Everyone worried about a Kenseth win — except Matt himself 0
- Hungarian GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Matt Kenseth fastest in Friday’s Sprint Cup practice at Indy 0