Oct 17, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Todd Parrott, former championship-winning crew chief and the current crew chief for Aric Almirola‘s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for a substance violation.
A NASCAR release indicated Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.
Parrott won the 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup championship with Dale Jarrett and was also part of Rusty Wallace’s championship-winning effort, as a crewmember in 1989. As a crew chief, his drivers have won 31 races.
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18