Oct 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
At Circuit of the Americas in Austin last month, BAR1 Motorsports finally got its first PC class win in the American Le Mans Series with Canadian rising star Kyle Marcelli and co-driver Chris Cumming.
So after the victory, Marcelli temporarily traded in his Canadian roots for a little more local Austin flavor. The result is what happens when you give a happy racing driver and a happy race team a toy bronco and the soundtrack to Big & Rich’s “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy.”
The pairing looks for its third straight win to end the 2013 ALMS season at Petit Le Mans this weekend; Stefan Johansson rejoins the team, as he did at the 12 Hours of Sebring, as third driver. The team’s No. 8 ORECA FLM09 is sponsored by Merchant Services, Evident Capital and MBRP Performance Exhaust.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (9)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)