Oct 18, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Honda has released the first audio clip of its turbocharged V6 engine that is set to be used when the Japanese manufacturer returns to Formula One as an engine supplier in 2015.
Having withdrawn from the sport back in 2008, Honda will return as an engine supplier for McLaren in two seasons’ time as the two parties rekindle their partnership that was so successful in the late 1980s with Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost behind the wheel.
As the sport prepares to downsize from V8 engines next season, Mercedes and Renault have also released audio clips of their new power units. However, this has prompted a mixed reaction from fans who have been used to the more powerful V8s that were introduced back in 2006.
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 1
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 4
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4