Oct 18, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Honda has released the first audio clip of its turbocharged V6 engine that is set to be used when the Japanese manufacturer returns to Formula One as an engine supplier in 2015.
Having withdrawn from the sport back in 2008, Honda will return as an engine supplier for McLaren in two seasons’ time as the two parties rekindle their partnership that was so successful in the late 1980s with Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost behind the wheel.
As the sport prepares to downsize from V8 engines next season, Mercedes and Renault have also released audio clips of their new power units. However, this has prompted a mixed reaction from fans who have been used to the more powerful V8s that were introduced back in 2006.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1