Oct 18, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Honda has released the first audio clip of its turbocharged V6 engine that is set to be used when the Japanese manufacturer returns to Formula One as an engine supplier in 2015.
Having withdrawn from the sport back in 2008, Honda will return as an engine supplier for McLaren in two seasons’ time as the two parties rekindle their partnership that was so successful in the late 1980s with Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost behind the wheel.
As the sport prepares to downsize from V8 engines next season, Mercedes and Renault have also released audio clips of their new power units. However, this has prompted a mixed reaction from fans who have been used to the more powerful V8s that were introduced back in 2006.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 14
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0