Oct 18, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
In 2014, NASCAR’s No. 2 national series, the Nationwide Series, will take on a 33-race schedule for the third consecutive season.
The 2014 docket will feature six stand-alone weekends (two at Iowa Speedway, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Road America and Mid-Ohio) as well as three road course weekends (Road America, Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio). Three date shifts will take place from this year’s schedule:
- Darlington will host its NNS race a month earlier (April 11) as part of its new NASCAR weekend in April 2014.
- Iowa’s first stand-alone event, which had been in June, has been moved to mid-May (May 18).
- Texas’ NNS race has been moved one week earlier to April 4, 2014.
- Additionally, the Chicagoland stand-alone on July 19 will go back to a nighttime format for the first time since 2011.
Also, the series’ “Dash 4 Cash” bonus program for drivers and fans will also return for a sixth consecutive season. More details on the Dash 4 Cash will be revealed at a later date.
2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series Schedule
2/22 Daytona International Speedway
3/1 Phoenix International Raceway
3/8 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
3/15 Bristol Motor Speedway
3/22 Auto Club Speedway
4/4 Texas Motor Speedway
4/11 Darlington Raceway
4/25 Richmond International Raceway
5/3 Talladega Superspeedway
5/18 Iowa Speedway
5/24 Charlotte Motor Speedway
5/31 Dover International Speedway
6/14 Michigan International Speedway
6/21 Road America
6/27 Kentucky Speedway
7/4 Daytona International Speedway
7/12 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
7/19 Chicagoland Speedway
7/26 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
8/2 Iowa Speedway
8/9 Watkins Glen International
8/22 Bristol Motor Speedway
8/30 Atlanta Motor Speedway
9/5 Richmond International Raceway
9/13 Chicagoland Speedway
9/20 Kentucky Speedway
9/27 Dover International Speedway
10/4 Kansas Speedway
10/10 Charlotte Motor Speedway
11/1 Texas Motor Speedway
11/8 Phoenix International Raceway
11/15 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 7
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1