Oct 18, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
In 2014, NASCAR’s No. 2 national series, the Nationwide Series, will take on a 33-race schedule for the third consecutive season.
The 2014 docket will feature six stand-alone weekends (two at Iowa Speedway, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Road America and Mid-Ohio) as well as three road course weekends (Road America, Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio). Three date shifts will take place from this year’s schedule:
- Darlington will host its NNS race a month earlier (April 11) as part of its new NASCAR weekend in April 2014.
- Iowa’s first stand-alone event, which had been in June, has been moved to mid-May (May 18).
- Texas’ NNS race has been moved one week earlier to April 4, 2014.
- Additionally, the Chicagoland stand-alone on July 19 will go back to a nighttime format for the first time since 2011.
Also, the series’ “Dash 4 Cash” bonus program for drivers and fans will also return for a sixth consecutive season. More details on the Dash 4 Cash will be revealed at a later date.
2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series Schedule
2/22 Daytona International Speedway
3/1 Phoenix International Raceway
3/8 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
3/15 Bristol Motor Speedway
3/22 Auto Club Speedway
4/4 Texas Motor Speedway
4/11 Darlington Raceway
4/25 Richmond International Raceway
5/3 Talladega Superspeedway
5/18 Iowa Speedway
5/24 Charlotte Motor Speedway
5/31 Dover International Speedway
6/14 Michigan International Speedway
6/21 Road America
6/27 Kentucky Speedway
7/4 Daytona International Speedway
7/12 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
7/19 Chicagoland Speedway
7/26 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
8/2 Iowa Speedway
8/9 Watkins Glen International
8/22 Bristol Motor Speedway
8/30 Atlanta Motor Speedway
9/5 Richmond International Raceway
9/13 Chicagoland Speedway
9/20 Kentucky Speedway
9/27 Dover International Speedway
10/4 Kansas Speedway
10/10 Charlotte Motor Speedway
11/1 Texas Motor Speedway
11/8 Phoenix International Raceway
11/15 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Video from NASCAR America
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 0
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 4
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 3
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 6
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4