Oct 18, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
In 2014, NASCAR’s No. 2 national series, the Nationwide Series, will take on a 33-race schedule for the third consecutive season.
The 2014 docket will feature six stand-alone weekends (two at Iowa Speedway, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Road America and Mid-Ohio) as well as three road course weekends (Road America, Watkins Glen and Mid-Ohio). Three date shifts will take place from this year’s schedule:
- Darlington will host its NNS race a month earlier (April 11) as part of its new NASCAR weekend in April 2014.
- Iowa’s first stand-alone event, which had been in June, has been moved to mid-May (May 18).
- Texas’ NNS race has been moved one week earlier to April 4, 2014.
- Additionally, the Chicagoland stand-alone on July 19 will go back to a nighttime format for the first time since 2011.
Also, the series’ “Dash 4 Cash” bonus program for drivers and fans will also return for a sixth consecutive season. More details on the Dash 4 Cash will be revealed at a later date.
2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series Schedule
2/22 Daytona International Speedway
3/1 Phoenix International Raceway
3/8 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
3/15 Bristol Motor Speedway
3/22 Auto Club Speedway
4/4 Texas Motor Speedway
4/11 Darlington Raceway
4/25 Richmond International Raceway
5/3 Talladega Superspeedway
5/18 Iowa Speedway
5/24 Charlotte Motor Speedway
5/31 Dover International Speedway
6/14 Michigan International Speedway
6/21 Road America
6/27 Kentucky Speedway
7/4 Daytona International Speedway
7/12 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
7/19 Chicagoland Speedway
7/26 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
8/2 Iowa Speedway
8/9 Watkins Glen International
8/22 Bristol Motor Speedway
8/30 Atlanta Motor Speedway
9/5 Richmond International Raceway
9/13 Chicagoland Speedway
9/20 Kentucky Speedway
9/27 Dover International Speedway
10/4 Kansas Speedway
10/10 Charlotte Motor Speedway
11/1 Texas Motor Speedway
11/8 Phoenix International Raceway
11/15 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Aug 29, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Lotus technical director Nick Chester reveals the cause of Maldonado’s DNF in the Belgian Grand Prix.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Marc Lieb and Romain Dumas take Porsche to its fourth pole position of the season, edging out the sister no. 17 car.
Aug 29, 2015, 4:38 AM EDT
Marc Lieb storms to the top of the timesheets in the no. 18 Porsche, heading up a 1-2 finish in FP3.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
The title contenders sum up their chances heading into Sonoma.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
A long day on Friday ends with Will Power on top of the timesheets.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:11 PM EDT
Quick series of interviews and tributes flow in for Justin Wilson on site at Sonoma.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
The 10th place driver in NHRA Top Fuel standings gets released from his contract at DSR.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Sage Karam speaks with reporters Friday at Sonoma Raceway.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Marquez and Lorenzo continue their fight at the front of the MotoGP field in practice at Silverstone on Friday.
Aug 28, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
IndyCar concludes its season at Sonoma this weekend.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Prost and Buemi retained by the defending teams’ champion for season two.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Porsche will debut a new aero kit at this weekend’s 6 Hours of Nürburgring in Germany.
Aug 28, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Finnish driver admits Williams expected to be further ahead than it is.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Benoit Treluyer shoots to the top of the timesheets late on in FP2.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Hamilton wrapped up the second annual FIA Pole Trophy last weekend in Belgium.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Mallya expresses his delight in Force India’s form despite having a smaller workforce and budget than many of its rivals.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Montoya, Rahal the two likely contenders to claim Power’s crown, as IndyCar looks for solace and a great race to end the season and ease the pain after the loss of Justin Wilson.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:44 AM EDT
First blood to Audi as its battle with Porsche is rekindled on home soil.
Aug 27, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Oriol Servia will race in what was Justin Wilson’s car this weekend at Sonoma.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3