Oct 18, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Kimi Raikkonen is looking to improve his qualifying form at this weekend’s Indian Grand Prix following a difficult run of Saturday sessions that has seen the Finn be overshadowed by teammate Romain Grosjean in recent weeks.
Raikkonen has failed to qualify any higher than eighth since the summer break that came after the Hungarian Grand Prix. Although his race results have still been strong, his poor qualifying has stunted his hopes of winning a second world championship this year as Sebastian Vettel looks set to wrap up a fourth successive title in India next weekend. Therefore, he is hoping to bounce back on Saturday at the Buddh International Circuit next weekend.
“Hopefully we finally get it right in qualifying as the last five qualifying sessions have not been that great for me,” Raikkonen said. “If we don’t, it’s going to be a difficult Sunday afternoon, although of course we’ll keep pushing. If we do get it right, then we can really go for it!”
The Finn is pleased with the progress that has been made with the E21 car in recent races, but he believes that there are still some problems that need to be ironed out.
“The car felt pretty strong all weekend at Suzuka and we’ve made good progress with it recently,” he explained. “It’s still not exactly as I want it and we’re trying to get rid of some understeer which is something I don’t like.”
Raikkonen is entering his final four races with Lotus as he prepares to return to Ferrari in 2014 to partner Fernando Alonso.
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)