Oct 18, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Andretti Autosport – which has several other announcements looming in the next couple days regarding its 2014 IndyCar program – has announced E.J. Viso will not be in action in this weekend’s season finale, the MAVTV 500 at Auto Club Speedway.
The team said Viso was “ill” and its Firestone Indy Lights driver, Carlos Munoz, will be the replacement. Team officials confirmed the news just prior to first practice. Prior to that, Munoz has been listed in Viso’s car on IndyCar’s qualifying order sheet. Munoz finished second for the team at the Indianapolis 500 and also raced as a last-minute injury fill-in for Ryan Briscoe at Panther Racing in Toronto Race 2.
Viso has not made the trip to Fontana and had a partner appearance for Neiman Marcus earlier this week canceled, per the team.
— Neiman Marcus (@neimanmarcus) October 16, 2013
This morning in the paddock, Viso’s car still had his name listed above the driver roll hoop as Munoz was preparing to go out for Indy Lights practice.
More will follow on this story throughout the day as we learn more information.
- Now IndyCar’s champion, Will Power’s mindset hasn’t changed heading into 2015 0
- Alonso moves to clear up testing crash conspiracy theories 0
- NHRA Funny Car driver Cruz Pedregon trades seats for a day with NASCAR counterpart Joey Logano 2
- Can IndyCar’s next generation take it to the established veterans? 0
- Fernando Alonso talks return in Malaysian GP 2
- Nowhere to go but up for Lotus at Malaysia GP 3
- Malaysian Grand Prix highlights NBCSN’s weekend of motors coverage 0