Oct 19, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
This year’s IZOD IndyCar Series finale, the MAVTV 500 (8 p.m. ET, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra), has several hellos and several more goodbyes. Here’s a quick recap of what we either are or may be saying goodbye to:
THIS IS THE LAST TIME
- For title sponsor IZOD in IndyCar.
- For primary sponsor GoDaddy at Andretti Autosport.
- For Andretti Autosport with Chevrolet, and Chip Ganassi Racing with Honda.
- For Tony Kanaan with KV Racing Technology-SH, and Sebastien Bourdais with Dragon Racing.
THIS MAY BE THE LAST TIME, I DON’T KNOW…
- For AJ Allmendinger in IndyCar, with a full-time NASCAR Sprint Cup ride beginning in 2014.
- For Alex Tagliani at Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and possibly in IndyCar given his recent sports car dalliance with Ferrari.
- For JR Hildebrand (Barracuda Racing), Simona de Silvestro (KV Racing Technology), James Jakes (Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing) and Oriol Servia (Panther Racing) at their respective teams. All are free agents at the end of the year.
- For Venezuelan support, as it adorns the No. 5 Andretti Autosport Chevrolet driven tonight by Carlos Munoz, after a freeze has been put on funding.
- For National Guard as primary sponsor at Panther Racing, per a report by NBCSN insider and RACER.com’s Robin Miller.
- For HP as primary sponsor at Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports, per a report by RACER’s Marshall Pruett.
THIS IS A COMEBACK RACE IN INDYCAR
- For Allmendinger, who starts second, for the first time since Detroit.
- For Pippa Mann, for the first time since Pocono in July.
- For Tagliani and Carlos Munoz, for the first time since Toronto Race 2.
- For Hildebrand, for the first time since Sonoma.
Video from NASCAR America
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 2
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1