Oct 22, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
We touched on this briefly in the wake of Chevrolet wrapping up the IZOD IndyCar Series’ Manufacturer’s Championship on Saturday night.
But with all of its major North American domestic championships in the books for 2013, save for NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Trucks, Chevrolet and GM have managed to repeat many of their titles achieved a year ago in what was, for them, a dream 2012 season.
Thus far this year, GM has already achieved with its Chevrolet and Cadillac brands:
- IndyCar Manufacturer’s Championship (via Team Penske, Andretti Autosport, KV Racing Technology, Ed Carpenter Racing, Panther Racing, Dragon Racing)
- American Le Mans Series Driver (Jan Magnussen, Antonio Garcia, Corvette Racing), Team (Corvette Racing) and Manufacturer’s Championships in GT
- GRAND-AM Rolex Series Driver (Jordan Taylor, Max Angelelli, Wayne Taylor Racing) and Manufacturer’s Championships in DP
- Pirelli World Challenge Driver (Johnny O’Connell, Cadillac), Team (Cadillac Racing) and Manufacturer’s Championships in GT; Driver (Lawson Aschenbach, Blackdog Speed Shop) and Manufacturer’s Championships (Camaro) in GTS.
All the above titles save for the Rolex Driver’s titles are repeats of 2012. The only title Chevrolet or GM achieved last year they did not repeat this go-around was the IndyCar Driver’s title.
Stay tuned as to whether any NASCAR accolades can be added to this list over the next four weeks.
- Montoya fastest on opening day of Indianapolis 500 practice 2
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 7