Oct 22, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
We touched on this briefly in the wake of Chevrolet wrapping up the IZOD IndyCar Series’ Manufacturer’s Championship on Saturday night.
But with all of its major North American domestic championships in the books for 2013, save for NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Trucks, Chevrolet and GM have managed to repeat many of their titles achieved a year ago in what was, for them, a dream 2012 season.
Thus far this year, GM has already achieved with its Chevrolet and Cadillac brands:
- IndyCar Manufacturer’s Championship (via Team Penske, Andretti Autosport, KV Racing Technology, Ed Carpenter Racing, Panther Racing, Dragon Racing)
- American Le Mans Series Driver (Jan Magnussen, Antonio Garcia, Corvette Racing), Team (Corvette Racing) and Manufacturer’s Championships in GT
- GRAND-AM Rolex Series Driver (Jordan Taylor, Max Angelelli, Wayne Taylor Racing) and Manufacturer’s Championships in DP
- Pirelli World Challenge Driver (Johnny O’Connell, Cadillac), Team (Cadillac Racing) and Manufacturer’s Championships in GT; Driver (Lawson Aschenbach, Blackdog Speed Shop) and Manufacturer’s Championships (Camaro) in GTS.
All the above titles save for the Rolex Driver’s titles are repeats of 2012. The only title Chevrolet or GM achieved last year they did not repeat this go-around was the IndyCar Driver’s title.
Stay tuned as to whether any NASCAR accolades can be added to this list over the next four weeks.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 1
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 1
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 8
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)