Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
In case you missed Sunday’s NBCSN broadcast of the 2013 Pirelli World Challenge season finale from Houston’s Reliant Park, we’ve got you covered with a few clips from Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec Rounds 13 and 14.
In TCB, the weekend was dominated by 19-year-old Tyler Palmer of San Diego, California. Driving the No. 24 4R Motorsports MINI Cooper, Palmer notched his first and second career World Challenge wins in a weekend sweep on the treacherous 1.7-mile Houston street circuit.
The Compass360 duo of Brett Sandberg and Ryan Winchester also had a fantastic weekend on the Touring Car side. Sandberg scored the TC win in Round 13, while Winchester capped off his run to the class championship by taking the checkered flag in Round 14.
The TCB championship battle went down to the wire but in the end, it was Robbie Davis that emerged victorious by a 30-point margin over Joel Lipperini, who used a pair of runner-up finishes in Houston to go to second in the championship past Ernie Francis, Jr.
You can watch the rest of the Houston weekend in a special encore broadcast this Sunday, Oct. 27, at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2