Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
In case you missed Sunday’s NBCSN broadcast of the 2013 Pirelli World Challenge season finale from Houston’s Reliant Park, we’ve got you covered with a few clips from Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec Rounds 13 and 14.
In TCB, the weekend was dominated by 19-year-old Tyler Palmer of San Diego, California. Driving the No. 24 4R Motorsports MINI Cooper, Palmer notched his first and second career World Challenge wins in a weekend sweep on the treacherous 1.7-mile Houston street circuit.
The Compass360 duo of Brett Sandberg and Ryan Winchester also had a fantastic weekend on the Touring Car side. Sandberg scored the TC win in Round 13, while Winchester capped off his run to the class championship by taking the checkered flag in Round 14.
The TCB championship battle went down to the wire but in the end, it was Robbie Davis that emerged victorious by a 30-point margin over Joel Lipperini, who used a pair of runner-up finishes in Houston to go to second in the championship past Ernie Francis, Jr.
You can watch the rest of the Houston weekend in a special encore broadcast this Sunday, Oct. 27, at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1