Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
In case you missed Sunday’s NBCSN broadcast of the 2013 Pirelli World Challenge season finale from Houston’s Reliant Park, we’ve got you covered with a few clips from Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec Rounds 13 and 14.
In TCB, the weekend was dominated by 19-year-old Tyler Palmer of San Diego, California. Driving the No. 24 4R Motorsports MINI Cooper, Palmer notched his first and second career World Challenge wins in a weekend sweep on the treacherous 1.7-mile Houston street circuit.
The Compass360 duo of Brett Sandberg and Ryan Winchester also had a fantastic weekend on the Touring Car side. Sandberg scored the TC win in Round 13, while Winchester capped off his run to the class championship by taking the checkered flag in Round 14.
The TCB championship battle went down to the wire but in the end, it was Robbie Davis that emerged victorious by a 30-point margin over Joel Lipperini, who used a pair of runner-up finishes in Houston to go to second in the championship past Ernie Francis, Jr.
You can watch the rest of the Houston weekend in a special encore broadcast this Sunday, Oct. 27, at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1