Oct 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
As noted earlier this morning by MotorSportsTalk colleague Keith Collantine, Pirelli is going in a different direction for the tires at the Buddh International Circuit, site of this weekend’s Airtel Indian Grand Prix (Sunday, LIVE at 5 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra; encore at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
Drivers and teams will be using Pirelli’s soft and medium compounds, as the manufacturer hopes to help spice up what has been a relatively uneventful event in India the last two seasons. In the video above, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola tells us more about the track and the role that the soft and mediums should play in Sunday’s race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 4
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0