Oct 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
As noted earlier this morning by MotorSportsTalk colleague Keith Collantine, Pirelli is going in a different direction for the tires at the Buddh International Circuit, site of this weekend’s Airtel Indian Grand Prix (Sunday, LIVE at 5 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra; encore at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
Drivers and teams will be using Pirelli’s soft and medium compounds, as the manufacturer hopes to help spice up what has been a relatively uneventful event in India the last two seasons. In the video above, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola tells us more about the track and the role that the soft and mediums should play in Sunday’s race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 6
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3