Oct 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
As noted earlier this morning by MotorSportsTalk colleague Keith Collantine, Pirelli is going in a different direction for the tires at the Buddh International Circuit, site of this weekend’s Airtel Indian Grand Prix (Sunday, LIVE at 5 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra; encore at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
Drivers and teams will be using Pirelli’s soft and medium compounds, as the manufacturer hopes to help spice up what has been a relatively uneventful event in India the last two seasons. In the video above, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola tells us more about the track and the role that the soft and mediums should play in Sunday’s race.
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 0
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 1
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0