Oct 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
As noted earlier this morning by MotorSportsTalk colleague Keith Collantine, Pirelli is going in a different direction for the tires at the Buddh International Circuit, site of this weekend’s Airtel Indian Grand Prix (Sunday, LIVE at 5 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra; encore at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
Drivers and teams will be using Pirelli’s soft and medium compounds, as the manufacturer hopes to help spice up what has been a relatively uneventful event in India the last two seasons. In the video above, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola tells us more about the track and the role that the soft and mediums should play in Sunday’s race.
- DiZinno: Barber, IndyCar’s southern gem, delivers an instant classic 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 15
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1