Oct 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
As noted earlier this morning by MotorSportsTalk colleague Keith Collantine, Pirelli is going in a different direction for the tires at the Buddh International Circuit, site of this weekend’s Airtel Indian Grand Prix (Sunday, LIVE at 5 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra; encore at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
Drivers and teams will be using Pirelli’s soft and medium compounds, as the manufacturer hopes to help spice up what has been a relatively uneventful event in India the last two seasons. In the video above, Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola tells us more about the track and the role that the soft and mediums should play in Sunday’s race.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3