Oct 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Paul di Resta is concerned he may lose his seat at Force India next year.
The British driver had a strong start to 2013 but hasn’t been in the points since the mid-season changes to the tires, which Force India have struggled with.
Di Resta was eighth in the championship after his home race but since then his points total has stood still and he’s been passed by Romain Grosjean, Jenson Button and Nico Hulkenberg during his seven race streak outside the top ten.
Now Di Resta, in his third season of F1, fears he may miss out in the driver market for next year.
“It’s tough because of circumstances that don’t help drivers that don’t have big funding,” he said. “The team know knows what I can do. They gave me the tool to achieve what I can.”
Among the competition for a place at Force India next year are GP2 driver James Calado, who has driven for them in testing and practice, and Nico Hulkenberg, who could make a surprise return to the team he raced for last year.
This is an important weekend for the Indian-owned squad as they prepare for their home race at the Buddh International Circuit.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2