Oct 24, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Force India reserve driver James Calado will substitute for Paul di Resta during Free Practice 1 for the Indian Grand Prix. Di Resta is ill and thus Calado will make his third FP1 appearance of the season, after prior runs in Italy and Korea.
Di Resta has had a run of poor races, seven consecutive failures to score points, and has admitted heading into the weekend he’s unsure of his F1 future.
Calado is a candidate to replace di Resta if anything was to change in the team next season. Force India is one of a handful of squads on the grid yet to confirm any of its 2014 drivers, and while several teams have faced financial turmoil and cited the need for heavily sponsored drivers, Vijay Mallya’s squad has tried to hold true to a mantra of signing drivers based on talent first.
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5