Oct 24, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Force India reserve driver James Calado will substitute for Paul di Resta during Free Practice 1 for the Indian Grand Prix. Di Resta is ill and thus Calado will make his third FP1 appearance of the season, after prior runs in Italy and Korea.
Di Resta has had a run of poor races, seven consecutive failures to score points, and has admitted heading into the weekend he’s unsure of his F1 future.
Calado is a candidate to replace di Resta if anything was to change in the team next season. Force India is one of a handful of squads on the grid yet to confirm any of its 2014 drivers, and while several teams have faced financial turmoil and cited the need for heavily sponsored drivers, Vijay Mallya’s squad has tried to hold true to a mantra of signing drivers based on talent first.
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2