Oct 24, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Force India reserve driver James Calado will substitute for Paul di Resta during Free Practice 1 for the Indian Grand Prix. Di Resta is ill and thus Calado will make his third FP1 appearance of the season, after prior runs in Italy and Korea.
Di Resta has had a run of poor races, seven consecutive failures to score points, and has admitted heading into the weekend he’s unsure of his F1 future.
Calado is a candidate to replace di Resta if anything was to change in the team next season. Force India is one of a handful of squads on the grid yet to confirm any of its 2014 drivers, and while several teams have faced financial turmoil and cited the need for heavily sponsored drivers, Vijay Mallya’s squad has tried to hold true to a mantra of signing drivers based on talent first.
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 0
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 0
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4