Oct 24, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Force India reserve driver James Calado will substitute for Paul di Resta during Free Practice 1 for the Indian Grand Prix. Di Resta is ill and thus Calado will make his third FP1 appearance of the season, after prior runs in Italy and Korea.
Di Resta has had a run of poor races, seven consecutive failures to score points, and has admitted heading into the weekend he’s unsure of his F1 future.
Calado is a candidate to replace di Resta if anything was to change in the team next season. Force India is one of a handful of squads on the grid yet to confirm any of its 2014 drivers, and while several teams have faced financial turmoil and cited the need for heavily sponsored drivers, Vijay Mallya’s squad has tried to hold true to a mantra of signing drivers based on talent first.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0