Oct 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
Become a successful race car driver and you can find yourself with some pretty interesting side gigs. In the case of Chase for the Sprint Cup contender Carl Edwards, one of those appears to be working in music videos.
The Roush Fenway Racing competitor co-stars with country singer Sara Evans in the clip for her latest single, “Slow Me Down,” the lead-off to her upcoming seventh studio album. The tune is a driving ballad, and in the clip – which premieres today on Yahoo! Music – Edwards plays Evans’ love interest.
Their relationship in the video isn’t a happy one, but it sounds like Edwards and Evans enjoyed working together.
“Sara was as nice and down to earth as she seems,” Edwards said in a statement. “She amazed me with how much heart she put into this song. We had a lot of fun shooting the video and I hope everyone enjoys it.”
“We’re both from Missouri and share the same sense of humor, so it was easy to joke back and forth, we had the entire crew cracking up, but on camera it looks like we literally hate each other,” Evans said. “I hope the fans love the video for ‘Slow Me Down’ as much as I do.”
This isn’t the first time Edwards has taken part in a music video. Two years ago, he co-starred in the decidedly more humorous clip for Justin Moore’s “Bait A Hook,” in which he plays the polished, media-savvy new boyfriend of Moore’s former gal. You can check that out below.
Edwards enters this Sunday’s Chase event at Martinsville Speedway 10th in the championship, 68 points back of leader Jimmie Johnson.
Video from NASCAR America
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 1
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 6
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 18
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 3
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 4