Oct 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
Become a successful race car driver and you can find yourself with some pretty interesting side gigs. In the case of Chase for the Sprint Cup contender Carl Edwards, one of those appears to be working in music videos.
The Roush Fenway Racing competitor co-stars with country singer Sara Evans in the clip for her latest single, “Slow Me Down,” the lead-off to her upcoming seventh studio album. The tune is a driving ballad, and in the clip – which premieres today on Yahoo! Music – Edwards plays Evans’ love interest.
Their relationship in the video isn’t a happy one, but it sounds like Edwards and Evans enjoyed working together.
“Sara was as nice and down to earth as she seems,” Edwards said in a statement. “She amazed me with how much heart she put into this song. We had a lot of fun shooting the video and I hope everyone enjoys it.”
“We’re both from Missouri and share the same sense of humor, so it was easy to joke back and forth, we had the entire crew cracking up, but on camera it looks like we literally hate each other,” Evans said. “I hope the fans love the video for ‘Slow Me Down’ as much as I do.”
This isn’t the first time Edwards has taken part in a music video. Two years ago, he co-starred in the decidedly more humorous clip for Justin Moore’s “Bait A Hook,” in which he plays the polished, media-savvy new boyfriend of Moore’s former gal. You can check that out below.
Edwards enters this Sunday’s Chase event at Martinsville Speedway 10th in the championship, 68 points back of leader Jimmie Johnson.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11