Oct 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Become a successful race car driver and you can find yourself with some pretty interesting side gigs. In the case of Chase for the Sprint Cup contender Carl Edwards, one of those appears to be working in music videos.
The Roush Fenway Racing competitor co-stars with country singer Sara Evans in the clip for her latest single, “Slow Me Down,” the lead-off to her upcoming seventh studio album. The tune is a driving ballad, and in the clip – which premieres today on Yahoo! Music – Edwards plays Evans’ love interest.
Their relationship in the video isn’t a happy one, but it sounds like Edwards and Evans enjoyed working together.
“Sara was as nice and down to earth as she seems,” Edwards said in a statement. “She amazed me with how much heart she put into this song. We had a lot of fun shooting the video and I hope everyone enjoys it.”
“We’re both from Missouri and share the same sense of humor, so it was easy to joke back and forth, we had the entire crew cracking up, but on camera it looks like we literally hate each other,” Evans said. “I hope the fans love the video for ‘Slow Me Down’ as much as I do.”
This isn’t the first time Edwards has taken part in a music video. Two years ago, he co-starred in the decidedly more humorous clip for Justin Moore’s “Bait A Hook,” in which he plays the polished, media-savvy new boyfriend of Moore’s former gal. You can check that out below.
Edwards enters this Sunday’s Chase event at Martinsville Speedway 10th in the championship, 68 points back of leader Jimmie Johnson.
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 5
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)