Oct 24, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
Sauber’s Nico Hulkenberg has confirmed he won’t return to that team in 2014, which isn’t much of a surprise. The bigger surprise is that in late October, the German rising star still doesn’t have a signed deal in place with any team.
Speaking to Autosport ahead of this weekend’s Indian Grand Prix, Hulkenberg still acknowledged the “opportunities” in play and he at least wasn’t losing any sleep.
“It’s coming close so I have to hurry up,” he said. “I’m under pressure now to do something. These things take time sometimes and you are negotiating and it’s how things go.”
Hulkenberg’s still in with a good shot at replacing Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus. Any switch would be his fourth different team in as many seasons, having previously raced for Williams (2010), Force India (2012) and now Sauber.
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1