Oct 24, 2013, 9:23 AM EST
Sauber’s Nico Hulkenberg has confirmed he won’t return to that team in 2014, which isn’t much of a surprise. The bigger surprise is that in late October, the German rising star still doesn’t have a signed deal in place with any team.
Speaking to Autosport ahead of this weekend’s Indian Grand Prix, Hulkenberg still acknowledged the “opportunities” in play and he at least wasn’t losing any sleep.
“It’s coming close so I have to hurry up,” he said. “I’m under pressure now to do something. These things take time sometimes and you are negotiating and it’s how things go.”
Hulkenberg’s still in with a good shot at replacing Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus. Any switch would be his fourth different team in as many seasons, having previously raced for Williams (2010), Force India (2012) and now Sauber.
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0