Oct 27, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Force India drivers Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil are delighted to have returned to the top ten at the team’s home race today following a difficult run of form that had seen them pick up just three points in the previous seven races.
The drivers crossed the line within 1.8 seconds of each other with di Resta leading the team’s charge in eighth and Sutil finishing one place further back in ninth. With both drivers yet to be confirmed at the team for next season, the result has certainly come at a good time for all involved at Force India, and di Resta hopes that this form will continue next weekend in Abu Dhabi.
“It’s great to score points here in India – the team’s home grand prix and a really important race for us,” di Resta said. “We’ve steadily improved the car over the last few weeks and I’m feeling more comfortable, so I think we can be optimistic of performing at a similar level in Abu Dhabi next week.”
Sutil took a very different route to di Resta, being just one of two drivers to successfully one-stop despite Pirelli warning against this strategy. The German driver confirmed after the race that this decision was only made during the grand prix itself.
“The target was to score points so eighth and ninth places are a great result for us today,” he explained. “My one-stop strategy was the riskier approach and it was only during the race that we decided to go ahead with it.
“After some difficult races recently, we showed everybody what we can achieve with some great teamwork today.”
This result has seen the team widen the gap to Sauber in the battle for sixth place in the constructors’ championship to 23 points with three races remaining.
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 0
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 19
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0