Oct 27, 2013, 4:25 AM EDT
The stage is set at Buddh International Circuit for the coronation of a four-time world champion as Sebastian Vettel looks set to join some prestigious company in India today, requiring a top five finish to complete his quartet of titles. Despite storming to pole position and appearing to be in a league of his own all weekend, Vettel’s dominance may be under threat thanks to a variety of different strategies being used throughout the field, with teammate Mark Webber being the leading qualifier on the medium tire in fourth. However, championship rival Fernando Alonso could only qualify eighth, meaning that the odds are well and truly stacked in Vettel’s favor.
As well as watching the Indian Grand Prix on NBCSN from 5:00am ET, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
Formula One races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: The IZOD IndyCar Series, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
You can also follow the Indian Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing commentary throughout the race.
Finally, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Indian Grand Prix.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 3
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 2
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5