Oct 28, 2013, 3:24 PM EST
Darrell Wallace Jr.‘s historic win Saturday at Martinsville Speedway made national headlines as the first African-American driver to win a national NASCAR series event in more than 50 years. He’s been an emerging star in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series this year and in other regional series before that.
Wallace joined NBCSN’s “SportsDash” on Monday to chat with Dave Briggs on the win and why NASCAR has struggled to attract and develop minority drivers.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1