Oct 29, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Daniel Ricciardo says he is eagerly anticipating the challenge of taking on Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull next year after his future team mate clinched his fourth world championship title.
“Four times in a row – phenomenal!” said Ricciardo.
“At the start of the season it looked like it could be anyone’s title shot but from the summer he’s not let anyone even look at the trophy.
“He’s just ran away with it. It’s very impressive and I can’t wait to have the best in the world as my team mate. That’s the real challenge and an opportunity for me to see how good I am. Hopefully I’ll be giving him a tough run for his money.”
Ricciardo finished tenth in India despite coming under pressure from Fernando Alonso in the closing stages. The Ferrari driver was struggling with damage.
Ricciardo said he chose to start the race on the harder tires as the team split their strategy between their two drivers.
“I started the race on the prime tire and JEV [Jean-Eric Vergne] took the option,” said Ricciardo. “For me, that’s a mix of personal choice and team strategy.”
I wanted to start on the prime and when we’re both outside the top ten and there isn’t a clear way to go, the team often splits the strategy to give us the best chance of getting at least one car into the points. Usually the guy who qualifies better gets the choice and in India that was me – though I don’t think JEV was too bothered taking the alternative.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4