Oct 29, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Road America released its 2014 schedule today and while there were no real surprises, the dates will provide some clues on availability for a potential IndyCar suitability test.
- NASCAR weekend: June 19-21, featuring NASCAR Nationwide Series, Pirelli World Challenge and SCCA Trans-Am. The OPTIMA Batteries street car invitational will be held June 22.
- Sports car weekend: August 7-10, TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge
- Motorcycle weekend: May 30-June 1, featuring AMA Superbikes
- Vintage weekends: May 16-18 (Spring), June 6-8 (Vintage Motorcycles), July 17-20 (The HAWK with Brian Redman), Sept. 12-14 (VSCDA)
IndyCar is off both the NASCAR and sports car weekend, which opens potential race opportunities for any drivers. The likeliest landing point for a test, per the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Dave Kallmann, is either just before or just after the sports car weekend in August.
IndyCar races at Mid-Ohio on August 3 and at the Milwaukee Mile on August 17. It could make for a great promotional opportunity for a test before the Mile.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52