Oct 29, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Road America released its 2014 schedule today and while there were no real surprises, the dates will provide some clues on availability for a potential IndyCar suitability test.
- NASCAR weekend: June 19-21, featuring NASCAR Nationwide Series, Pirelli World Challenge and SCCA Trans-Am. The OPTIMA Batteries street car invitational will be held June 22.
- Sports car weekend: August 7-10, TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge
- Motorcycle weekend: May 30-June 1, featuring AMA Superbikes
- Vintage weekends: May 16-18 (Spring), June 6-8 (Vintage Motorcycles), July 17-20 (The HAWK with Brian Redman), Sept. 12-14 (VSCDA)
IndyCar is off both the NASCAR and sports car weekend, which opens potential race opportunities for any drivers. The likeliest landing point for a test, per the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Dave Kallmann, is either just before or just after the sports car weekend in August.
IndyCar races at Mid-Ohio on August 3 and at the Milwaukee Mile on August 17. It could make for a great promotional opportunity for a test before the Mile.
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 0
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 10
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 4
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 6
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 18