Oct 30, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Marcos Ambrose will return to Richard Petty Motorsports for his fourth straight season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014.
The Tasmanian will again have the same group of sponsors with Stanley Tools and DEWALT on for most of the year. A new addition to the sponsorship group is the Twisted Tea Brewing Company, which will serve as a major associate sponsor all year and a primary sponsor at the fall Dover race.
Ambrose, 37, hasn’t won this year and ranks only 21st in the 2013 Sprint Cup standings with six top-10 finishes, none in the top five. Each of 2011 and 2012, he won in dramatic fashion on the road course at Watkins Glen International.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1