Oct 30, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Less than a week after Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull wrapped the 2013 Formula One Driver’s and Constructor’s Championships, respectively, the series is back in action at the stunning Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.
It’s a track where Vettel has won twice (2009, 2010) but has not yet done so on the Pirelli tires, although he’s the odds-on favorite this weekend. Instead, Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen have taken the last two Abu Dhabi Grand Prix victories, and Vettel put in one of his best drives of his career last year from starting in the pit lane to ending on the podium in third place.
As in India, Pirelli has brought the soft and medium compound tires to Abu Dhabi. The softs went off particularly quickly in India, with drivers needing to stop less than 10 laps into a stint to change onto the mediums. Pirelli racing manager Mario Isola previews how the tires will handle this course, this weekend.
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 3
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54