Oct 31, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Anyway, although NASCAR usually doles out penalties after a race weekend on Tuesday, it took until Thursday of this week to announce the penalties from the contact between these two and the subsequent scuffle between their pit crews on pit lane.
Penalties were issued to Dillon’s No. 3 Richard Childress Racing team for violating Sections 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; throwing an object at a competitor’s race truck) and 9-4A: (The Crew Chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his/her Driver, Truck Owner and team members). As a result of these violations, Dillon’s crew chief Paul (Marcus) Richmond has been fined $10,000 and crew member Adam Brown has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR.
The object in question here was a sledgehammer thrown at Harvick’s truck on pit lane.
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)