Oct 31, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Anyway, although NASCAR usually doles out penalties after a race weekend on Tuesday, it took until Thursday of this week to announce the penalties from the contact between these two and the subsequent scuffle between their pit crews on pit lane.
Penalties were issued to Dillon’s No. 3 Richard Childress Racing team for violating Sections 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; throwing an object at a competitor’s race truck) and 9-4A: (The Crew Chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his/her Driver, Truck Owner and team members). As a result of these violations, Dillon’s crew chief Paul (Marcus) Richmond has been fined $10,000 and crew member Adam Brown has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR.
The object in question here was a sledgehammer thrown at Harvick’s truck on pit lane.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5