Oct 31, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Anyway, although NASCAR usually doles out penalties after a race weekend on Tuesday, it took until Thursday of this week to announce the penalties from the contact between these two and the subsequent scuffle between their pit crews on pit lane.
Penalties were issued to Dillon’s No. 3 Richard Childress Racing team for violating Sections 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; throwing an object at a competitor’s race truck) and 9-4A: (The Crew Chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his/her Driver, Truck Owner and team members). As a result of these violations, Dillon’s crew chief Paul (Marcus) Richmond has been fined $10,000 and crew member Adam Brown has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR.
The object in question here was a sledgehammer thrown at Harvick’s truck on pit lane.
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win (VIDEO) 1
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 3
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0