Oct 31, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Anyway, although NASCAR usually doles out penalties after a race weekend on Tuesday, it took until Thursday of this week to announce the penalties from the contact between these two and the subsequent scuffle between their pit crews on pit lane.
Penalties were issued to Dillon’s No. 3 Richard Childress Racing team for violating Sections 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; throwing an object at a competitor’s race truck) and 9-4A: (The Crew Chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his/her Driver, Truck Owner and team members). As a result of these violations, Dillon’s crew chief Paul (Marcus) Richmond has been fined $10,000 and crew member Adam Brown has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR.
The object in question here was a sledgehammer thrown at Harvick’s truck on pit lane.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2