Oct 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
From the “not a surprise” and “love the one you’re with” files, Andersen Promotions officially confirmed on Thursday that Dallara will produce the next generation Indy Lights chassis to premiere in 2015.
The Indy Lights chassis selection process for a replacement to the current, aging chassis, introduced in 2002, was delayed earlier this year. Dan Andersen’s group took over the series in July and has been full steam ahead on Mazda Road to Indy future planning since, as all three of Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 will work under one umbrella.
Under Andersen and new car project manager Tony Cotman, president and founder of NZR Consulting, Dallara’s proposal won out over ones from Multimatic and Mygale.
Key points from the proposal:
- Price reduction of a new chassis for teams competing in 2014 and all teams placing orders by March 15 of next year.
- The IL-15 chassis will be developed and manufactured at Dallara’s state-of-the-art facility in Speedway, Ind.
- Prototype testing will commence in August 2014 with a yet to-be-announced current IndyCar Series driver. Full renderings of the new chassis will be available in the coming weeks.
- In addition to its strong partnership commitment to Indy Lights on the manufacturing side, Dallara will provide a $25,000 award to the Indy Lights champion.
The full release from the Indy Lights website is linked here.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)