Oct 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
From the “not a surprise” and “love the one you’re with” files, Andersen Promotions officially confirmed on Thursday that Dallara will produce the next generation Indy Lights chassis to premiere in 2015.
The Indy Lights chassis selection process for a replacement to the current, aging chassis, introduced in 2002, was delayed earlier this year. Dan Andersen’s group took over the series in July and has been full steam ahead on Mazda Road to Indy future planning since, as all three of Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 will work under one umbrella.
Under Andersen and new car project manager Tony Cotman, president and founder of NZR Consulting, Dallara’s proposal won out over ones from Multimatic and Mygale.
Key points from the proposal:
- Price reduction of a new chassis for teams competing in 2014 and all teams placing orders by March 15 of next year.
- The IL-15 chassis will be developed and manufactured at Dallara’s state-of-the-art facility in Speedway, Ind.
- Prototype testing will commence in August 2014 with a yet to-be-announced current IndyCar Series driver. Full renderings of the new chassis will be available in the coming weeks.
- In addition to its strong partnership commitment to Indy Lights on the manufacturing side, Dallara will provide a $25,000 award to the Indy Lights champion.
The full release from the Indy Lights website is linked here.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)