Oct 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
From the “not a surprise” and “love the one you’re with” files, Andersen Promotions officially confirmed on Thursday that Dallara will produce the next generation Indy Lights chassis to premiere in 2015.
The Indy Lights chassis selection process for a replacement to the current, aging chassis, introduced in 2002, was delayed earlier this year. Dan Andersen’s group took over the series in July and has been full steam ahead on Mazda Road to Indy future planning since, as all three of Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 will work under one umbrella.
Under Andersen and new car project manager Tony Cotman, president and founder of NZR Consulting, Dallara’s proposal won out over ones from Multimatic and Mygale.
Key points from the proposal:
- Price reduction of a new chassis for teams competing in 2014 and all teams placing orders by March 15 of next year.
- The IL-15 chassis will be developed and manufactured at Dallara’s state-of-the-art facility in Speedway, Ind.
- Prototype testing will commence in August 2014 with a yet to-be-announced current IndyCar Series driver. Full renderings of the new chassis will be available in the coming weeks.
- In addition to its strong partnership commitment to Indy Lights on the manufacturing side, Dallara will provide a $25,000 award to the Indy Lights champion.
The full release from the Indy Lights website is linked here.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 2
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2