Oct 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
From the “not a surprise” and “love the one you’re with” files, Andersen Promotions officially confirmed on Thursday that Dallara will produce the next generation Indy Lights chassis to premiere in 2015.
The Indy Lights chassis selection process for a replacement to the current, aging chassis, introduced in 2002, was delayed earlier this year. Dan Andersen’s group took over the series in July and has been full steam ahead on Mazda Road to Indy future planning since, as all three of Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 will work under one umbrella.
Under Andersen and new car project manager Tony Cotman, president and founder of NZR Consulting, Dallara’s proposal won out over ones from Multimatic and Mygale.
Key points from the proposal:
- Price reduction of a new chassis for teams competing in 2014 and all teams placing orders by March 15 of next year.
- The IL-15 chassis will be developed and manufactured at Dallara’s state-of-the-art facility in Speedway, Ind.
- Prototype testing will commence in August 2014 with a yet to-be-announced current IndyCar Series driver. Full renderings of the new chassis will be available in the coming weeks.
- In addition to its strong partnership commitment to Indy Lights on the manufacturing side, Dallara will provide a $25,000 award to the Indy Lights champion.
The full release from the Indy Lights website is linked here.
May 22, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Tristan Vautier recaps a roller coaster month of May, where he’ll have a last-minute opportunity to race in the Indianapolis 500 with Dale Coyne Racing.
May 22, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
A third straight feature race win for Stoffel Vandoorne sees him extend his lead at the top of the drivers’ championship.
May 22, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Harvey scores the win in Indy Lights’ biggest race of the year.
May 22, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Force India’s deputy team principal lashes out at the F1 Strategy Group, calls for a return to autocratic rule by the FIA and the F1 Group.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bids to supply tires to F1 upon the next change to the technical regulations now being taken.
May 22, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
Notes as they develop from the ground in Indianapolis for Carb Day for the 99th Indianapolis 500.
May 22, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Bianchi remains in a coma in French hospital after sustaining severe head injuries at the Japanese Grand Prix last October.
May 22, 2015, 11:38 AM EDT
The team owner would like the season’s calendar expanded.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Watch Carb Day IndyCar and Indy Lights coverage, from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, at 11 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
May 22, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
Still A LOT of stuff to watch for on Carb Day for the Verizon IndyCar Series, LIVE from 11 a.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
May 22, 2015, 8:22 AM EDT
Carb Day at IMS: always one of the busiest days of the year.
May 21, 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
In a bizarre and truly 11th hour circumstance, Tristan Vautier appears set to replace Carlos Huertas in Sunday’s Indianapolis 500.
May 21, 2015, 5:57 PM EDT
Oriol Servia says a connecting rod was removed that might have prevented the part from piercing the tub and critically injuring driver.
May 21, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
American driver claims his second pole position in GP2 with a mesmerising display in Monaco on Thursday.
May 21, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
The No. 5 beyond Indy 500 could be Daly, Wilson, or A.N. Other.
May 21, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Daniel Abt confirmed to be remaining with his family team for season two of the Formula E series.
May 21, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
Boston confirmed for 2016 and beyond in IndyCar.
May 21, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
SPM takes four of the top five spots on the Indy Lights grid.
May 21, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
The McLaren driver lends his support to the proposed changes to F1 for 2017.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4