Oct 31, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
From the “not a surprise” and “love the one you’re with” files, Andersen Promotions officially confirmed on Thursday that Dallara will produce the next generation Indy Lights chassis to premiere in 2015.
The Indy Lights chassis selection process for a replacement to the current, aging chassis, introduced in 2002, was delayed earlier this year. Dan Andersen’s group took over the series in July and has been full steam ahead on Mazda Road to Indy future planning since, as all three of Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 will work under one umbrella.
Under Andersen and new car project manager Tony Cotman, president and founder of NZR Consulting, Dallara’s proposal won out over ones from Multimatic and Mygale.
Key points from the proposal:
- Price reduction of a new chassis for teams competing in 2014 and all teams placing orders by March 15 of next year.
- The IL-15 chassis will be developed and manufactured at Dallara’s state-of-the-art facility in Speedway, Ind.
- Prototype testing will commence in August 2014 with a yet to-be-announced current IndyCar Series driver. Full renderings of the new chassis will be available in the coming weeks.
- In addition to its strong partnership commitment to Indy Lights on the manufacturing side, Dallara will provide a $25,000 award to the Indy Lights champion.
The full release from the Indy Lights website is linked here.
Sep 5, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Vettel will start his first Italian Grand Prix as a Ferrari driver from third place.
Sep 5, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Raikkonen will start tomorrow’s Italian Grand Prix from second place on the grid, marking his first front row start in over two years.
Sep 5, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
With Gene Haas in Monza this weekend, Alexander Rossi did his chances of securing an F1 seat in 2015 a world of good by winning his second consecutive race.
Sep 5, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
After Rosberg was forced to switch back to his old power unit at Monza due to a problem, Hamilton has no fears about a similar issue occurring on his.
Sep 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Will Buxton and Jason Swales head to Silverstone to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the British Grand Prix in the latest episode of Off The Grid.
Sep 5, 2015, 9:04 AM EDT
Engine trouble for Rosberg allows Hamilton to go unchallenged en route to his 11th pole position of the 2015 season.
Sep 5, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton goes in search of his 11th pole position of the 2015 season at Monza on Saturday.
Sep 5, 2015, 6:07 AM EDT
Hamilton leads the way from Vettel and Rosberg in final practice at Monza.
Sep 5, 2015, 4:45 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton bids to complete a clean sweep of practice sessions on Saturday morning at Monza.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Gasly storms to pole ahead of Mitch Evans and Stoffel Vandoorne as American driver Alexander Rossi struggles to P10 on the grid.
Sep 4, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Ecclestone backs Vettel to win a fifth world championship during his time with Ferrari.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
After being the enemy for the Ferrari fans in the past at Monza, Vettel will now carry their hopes of a home win on his shoulders.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Despite finishing well clear of the chasing pack on Friday in practice, Hamilton believes he can go faster still.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button among those running with a sticker paying tribute to Wilson on their helmets at Monza.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
IndyCar’s season recap airs tonight at 11:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Sep 4, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
Will Buxton brings you the latest news, interviews and insight from the paddock ahead of this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix.
Sep 4, 2015, 10:26 AM EDT
F1 drivers react to idea of closed cockpits possibly being introduced down the road.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
First round of funeral details for Justin Wilson have been confirmed.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Mercedes romps to another one-two finish in FP2 as the rest of the field is left trailing behind.
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/6 on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton eases to Italian GP pole at Monza 0
- Hamilton completes practice clean sweep at Monza 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 2
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 1