Nov 2, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
One week ago in India, Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing celebrated their fourth consecutive World Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships – with Vettel seemingly supplying the exclamation point with a set of donuts on the front-stretch of the Buddh International Circuit.
But apparently, one set of donuts was not enough for RBR. On their way to this weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the champs decided to have former team pilot and 13-time Grand Prix winner David Coulthard do a burnout on the helipad of Dubai’s Burj Al Arab to commemorate the titles.
The hotel tops out at 1,053 feet, making it one of the tallest of its kind in the world. It should be noted that the helipad stands a bit below that height – but still plenty high enough for the Red Bull gang to get some killer visuals of Coulthard lighting ‘em up against the backdrop of the Dubai skyline.
You can check out a clip of the scene above. As for RBR’s current business in Abu Dhabi, their drivers Mark Webber and Vettel make up the front row for tomorrow’s race, which you can see live on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra starting at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1