Nov 4, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
OK, so this weekend in Abu Dhabi did not go according to plan for Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen – at all.
On-track, it was miserable with Raikkonen’s car failing post-qualifying technical inspection and dropping to the rear of the field, before retiring on the first lap with contact and leaving the track early. But, it now looks as though a deal appears to have been reached to pay the outgoing Finn in the wake of the turbulence of this weekend.
Still, remember Abu Dhabi last year? Indeed it was happier times for the Finn – a controlled drive ending in his first victory back in Formula One upon his return from his two-year hiatus.
And of course, within the race came two of Raikkonen’s most iconic radio transmissions. The famous “leave me alone, I know what I’m doing” was uttered this day last year, along with a separate call to essentially tell the pit wall to sod off.
Relive the good times below.
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 27
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0