Nov 4, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
OK, so this weekend in Abu Dhabi did not go according to plan for Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen – at all.
On-track, it was miserable with Raikkonen’s car failing post-qualifying technical inspection and dropping to the rear of the field, before retiring on the first lap with contact and leaving the track early. But, it now looks as though a deal appears to have been reached to pay the outgoing Finn in the wake of the turbulence of this weekend.
Still, remember Abu Dhabi last year? Indeed it was happier times for the Finn – a controlled drive ending in his first victory back in Formula One upon his return from his two-year hiatus.
And of course, within the race came two of Raikkonen’s most iconic radio transmissions. The famous “leave me alone, I know what I’m doing” was uttered this day last year, along with a separate call to essentially tell the pit wall to sod off.
Relive the good times below.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (10)
- Austin Dillon officially confirmed in RCR’s No. 3 for Sprint Cup (7)
- NASCAR Nation must give Austin Dillon a chance to make his own legacy (7)
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers (6)
- Rush receives Golden Globe nominations (5)