Nov 4, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
OK, so this weekend in Abu Dhabi did not go according to plan for Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen – at all.
On-track, it was miserable with Raikkonen’s car failing post-qualifying technical inspection and dropping to the rear of the field, before retiring on the first lap with contact and leaving the track early. But, it now looks as though a deal appears to have been reached to pay the outgoing Finn in the wake of the turbulence of this weekend.
Still, remember Abu Dhabi last year? Indeed it was happier times for the Finn – a controlled drive ending in his first victory back in Formula One upon his return from his two-year hiatus.
And of course, within the race came two of Raikkonen’s most iconic radio transmissions. The famous “leave me alone, I know what I’m doing” was uttered this day last year, along with a separate call to essentially tell the pit wall to sod off.
Relive the good times below.
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 2
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 7
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2