Nov 5, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
The offseason is basically underway for a majority of the North American domestic racing championships. NASCAR has two more weeks at Phoenix and Homestead while the NHRA its last round this weekend at Pomona.
With the on-track stuff all but wrapped, there’s a bevy of drivers and manufacturers on hand at this year’s 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The annual trade show is one of the largest in motorsports and automotive technology; it’s a hotbed for performance parts and products, and home to several unveils.
NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon, Danica Patrick, Juan Pablo Montoya, Greg Biffle and others are among those here this week. NHRA has a heavy presence of Forces with John, Courtney and Brittany Force all here, and their John Force Racing teammate Robert Hight also making the rounds.
IndyCar also has a strong contingent with Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Graham Rahal, Ed Carpenter and more among those planning to be here. The Indy Lights cars from Andretti Autosport’s Zach Veach (ReplayXD) and Belardi Auto Racing are also on hand.
Pirelli World Challenge will hold its “State of the Series” meeting and unveil its 2014 schedule later on Tuesday.
Proof, then, that there is no “offseason” in motorsports. This is where many of the deals get done.
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 0
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)