Nov 5, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
The offseason is basically underway for a majority of the North American domestic racing championships. NASCAR has two more weeks at Phoenix and Homestead while the NHRA its last round this weekend at Pomona.
With the on-track stuff all but wrapped, there’s a bevy of drivers and manufacturers on hand at this year’s 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The annual trade show is one of the largest in motorsports and automotive technology; it’s a hotbed for performance parts and products, and home to several unveils.
NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon, Danica Patrick, Juan Pablo Montoya, Greg Biffle and others are among those here this week. NHRA has a heavy presence of Forces with John, Courtney and Brittany Force all here, and their John Force Racing teammate Robert Hight also making the rounds.
IndyCar also has a strong contingent with Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Graham Rahal, Ed Carpenter and more among those planning to be here. The Indy Lights cars from Andretti Autosport’s Zach Veach (ReplayXD) and Belardi Auto Racing are also on hand.
Pirelli World Challenge will hold its “State of the Series” meeting and unveil its 2014 schedule later on Tuesday.
Proof, then, that there is no “offseason” in motorsports. This is where many of the deals get done.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 1
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 4
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3