Nov 5, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel scored a record-equaling seventh consecutive F1 win in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Here’s the top five statistics from the race.
Vettel in seventh heaven
Only three drivers in F1 history have won seven consecutive rounds of the world championship: Alberto Ascari, Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel. The Red Bull driver has been undefeated since the summer break.
The question now is whether he can match Ascari’s record of entering and winning nine consecutive races. Ascari skipped the Indianapolis 500 in 1953 when it counted for the world championship, but took a further two wins to set a record of nine in a row which has stood for 60 years.
Ferrari reclaim points record
Ferrari lost their record for most consecutive points finishes to McLaren earlier this year. In Abu Dhabi they took it back, having scored points for the last 65 races in a row.
Grosjean hits pay dirt
Romain Grosjean’s excellent run of form in recent races is reflected by the fact he’s doubled his points haul to 114 in that short amount of time. It’s moved him up to seventh in the championship ahead of Felipe Massa.
Chilton’s rookie record
Max Chilton may not have much to celebrate about his rookie F1 season but he has set a new record for being classified in all of his first 17 races. The record was previously held by Tiago Monteiro.
Q3 belongs to Vettel
Fernando Alonso failed to get into Q3 for the first time this year. That leaves Vettel as the only driver to have done it every weekend in 2013.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 0
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1