Nov 7, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Garage brawls aren’t necessarily something you hope for in NASCAR, but when do they do happen, you have to sit back, relax and enjoy the show as a viewer.
And so this weekend’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway marks one year since the most memorable disagreement of 2012 that boiled over into the garage. Jeff Gordon wrecked Clint Bowyer – retaliation for some Bowyer into Gordon wrecks earlier in the year – and the fireworks kicked off.
Bowyer, once he made it back to pit lane, exited his car and sprinted in the direction of Gordon’s transporter. There, he found his own crew and Gordon’s engaged in some serious fisticuffs.
We’ll let the above video tell the rest of the story.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 0
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0