Nov 7, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Garage brawls aren’t necessarily something you hope for in NASCAR, but when do they do happen, you have to sit back, relax and enjoy the show as a viewer.
And so this weekend’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway marks one year since the most memorable disagreement of 2012 that boiled over into the garage. Jeff Gordon wrecked Clint Bowyer – retaliation for some Bowyer into Gordon wrecks earlier in the year – and the fireworks kicked off.
Bowyer, once he made it back to pit lane, exited his car and sprinted in the direction of Gordon’s transporter. There, he found his own crew and Gordon’s engaged in some serious fisticuffs.
We’ll let the above video tell the rest of the story.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3