Nov 7, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Garage brawls aren’t necessarily something you hope for in NASCAR, but when do they do happen, you have to sit back, relax and enjoy the show as a viewer.
And so this weekend’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway marks one year since the most memorable disagreement of 2012 that boiled over into the garage. Jeff Gordon wrecked Clint Bowyer – retaliation for some Bowyer into Gordon wrecks earlier in the year – and the fireworks kicked off.
Bowyer, once he made it back to pit lane, exited his car and sprinted in the direction of Gordon’s transporter. There, he found his own crew and Gordon’s engaged in some serious fisticuffs.
We’ll let the above video tell the rest of the story.
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 0
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- FIA WEC: Mark Webber preparing for possible wet WEC debut 1
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)