Nov 7, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Garage brawls aren’t necessarily something you hope for in NASCAR, but when do they do happen, you have to sit back, relax and enjoy the show as a viewer.
And so this weekend’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway marks one year since the most memorable disagreement of 2012 that boiled over into the garage. Jeff Gordon wrecked Clint Bowyer – retaliation for some Bowyer into Gordon wrecks earlier in the year – and the fireworks kicked off.
Bowyer, once he made it back to pit lane, exited his car and sprinted in the direction of Gordon’s transporter. There, he found his own crew and Gordon’s engaged in some serious fisticuffs.
We’ll let the above video tell the rest of the story.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 0
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 4
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11