Nov 7, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Fans heading to Austin, Texas, for the 2013 United States Grand Prix will be able to attend two events ahead of the race weekend that should perfectly prepare them for the Formula One action at the Circuit of the Americas.
The Formula One Teams’ Association (FOTA) is set to hold another of its highly successful and popular fan forums later this month ahead of the second grand prix to be held at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin.
The forum sees a panel of Formula One drivers, team owners and legends face an audience of fans who can ask any burning questions, air any thoughts about the sport they may have and get a direct response. Following events in Montreal and London earlier this year, the forum will return to Austin on November 13, the Wednesday before the grand prix.
This year’s panel will be made up of Sergio Perez, Esteban Gutierrez, Adrian Sutil, Pastor Maldonado and Caterham’s American test driver, Alexander Rossi.
FOTA chairman Martin Whitmarsh expressed his happiness about returning to Austin, saying: “We are delighted to be returning to Austin again, and the enthusiasm and knowledge of the fans at last year’s fans’ forum and Grand Prix made it an easy decision to host another forum in Austin.
“Fan engagement is extremely important for all the Teams, and we have a great selection of participating drivers, and are excited to be utilising the venue of the fans’ fest which also gives us an opportunity to accommodate as many fans as possible.”
One day later, NBCSN’s very own Will Buxton will be hosting his second annual Buxton’s Big Time Bash in Austin. Last year’s event was an unmitigated success, raising over $2,000 for charity and providing a great evening of entertainment for the fans.
For this year’s event, a donation of $5 will be made on the door but in return fans will receive a ticket for a draw to win some money-can’t-buy F1 prizes, as well as entry to a great evening featuring some special guests and plenty of F1 entertainment ahead of the race weekend. All funds raised on the night will go to Meals on Wheels charity. The event will take place on November 14 at Speakeasy on Congress Avenue, Austin, and there appears to be no better way of spending an evening ahead of the on-track action at the Circuit of the Americas on Friday.
If you are lucky enough to be heading to Austin for the race, get your weekend off to the best possible start by attending both events. Failing that, be sure to watch FP2, qualifying and the race live on NBC as Sebastian Vettel goes in search of an eighth consecutive victory.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)