Nov 10, 2013, 7:34 PM EDT
The clinch scenarios for the three NASCAR national series in next weekend’s season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway are pretty cut and dry.
Johnson can earn his sixth Cup championship by fulfilling one of the following objectives in next Sunday’s Ford Ecoboost 400 at Homestead:
- Finish 23rd or better.
- Finish 24th or better with at least one lap led.
- Finish 25th or better with the most laps led.
Harvick, by virtue of his win today at PIR, remains eligible for the Cup championship going into Homestead. He sits third in the Chase at 34 points behind Johnson.
Dillon has a tough route to the NNS title but can pull it off in Saturday’s Ford Ecoboost 300 if he can do one of these things:
- Finish third or better.
- Finish fourth or better with at least one lap led.
- Finish fifth or better with the most laps led.
The NNS owner’s championship is also up for grabs, with the No. 22 Penske Racing team only up by four points on the No. 54 Joe Gibbs Racing team after Kyle Busch took the No. 54 to victory at PIR this weekend. The No. 22 can only guarantee a clinch of that championship with a win at Homestead.
In the CWTS owner’s championship, Crafton’s No. 88 ThorSport Racing team leads the No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports team by 23 points. To secure that prize, Crafton must reach one of these goals:
- Finish 18th or better.
- Finish 19th or better with at least one lap led.
- Finish 20th or better with the most laps led.
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 1
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)