Nov 11, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton took the inaugural race at Austin’s Circuit of the Americas a year ago. Much has changed since then as he has switched from McLaren, while a win for him on Sunday would end Sebastian Vettel’s current seven-race win streak.
Hamilton joined NBCSN’s “SportsDash” on Monday to discuss his season to this point and ruminate on the hopes of winning a third straight United States Grand Prix. You can see Free Practice 2 at 1 p.m. ET, Friday, on NBCSN, with qualifying Saturday at 1 p.m. ET on CNBC and the race itself Sunday, 1 p.m. ET on NBC (all also available on NBC Sports Live Extra).
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)