Nov 11, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Adrian Sutil says he’s looking forward to racing at the Circuit of the Americas for the first time this weekend as it seems to be a better example of a modern racing track.
Sutil did not feature in the inaugural race at the track last year as he’d been replaced at Force India by Nico Hulkenberg.
“I’ve heard lots of good things about the Circuit of The America,” said Sutil.
“From what I’ve seen it appears to be one of the better new generation tracks, so I’m looking forward to getting there and trying it for myself”.
“It’s a very unusual lap with a big variation of corners. The first sector is interesting with so many turns one after the other and it looks like there are some nice high-speed corners. The feedback I’ve heard is very positive and everyone says it’s smooth and enjoyable to drive.”
Sutil’s only previous F1 race in America was the last grand prix on the Indianapolis road track in 2007, which he finished 14th for Spyker.
Force India head into this weekend’s race enjoying an upswing of form in an otherwise disappointing second half of the season. “It’s good to be scoring points again,” Sutil reflected. “It’s not been easy and we’ve taken some brave decisions with the strategy and that paid us back.”
“But at the same time you always want to improve and there are still some areas with the car balance where we can make some gains. Hopefully we can make some progress so that I feel more comfortable in Austin.”
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 0
- Kevin Harvick is halfway leader in Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas 0
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Who are the new rookies in F1 this season? 1
- A save and a beauty from Matt Kenseth in Vegas (VIDEO) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)