Nov 12, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
IndyCar’s 2013 season is over, but a part of the season is released today on DVD and Blu-Ray … well, sort of.
The DreamWorks Animation studio film, “Turbo,” featuring a snail gaining superpowers to be able to compete in the Indianapolis 500, is now out for Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD, with various bonuses on each edition. The Blu-ray and DVD are packaged with a “Turbo” pullback toy racer while supplies last.
“Turbo” has generated more than $250 million worldwide after its mid-July opening. It’s a decent commercial success all things considered. In terms of an advertisement for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or IndyCar though, it’s harder to measure.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 49
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2