Nov 12, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
IndyCar’s 2013 season is over, but a part of the season is released today on DVD and Blu-Ray … well, sort of.
The DreamWorks Animation studio film, “Turbo,” featuring a snail gaining superpowers to be able to compete in the Indianapolis 500, is now out for Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD, with various bonuses on each edition. The Blu-ray and DVD are packaged with a “Turbo” pullback toy racer while supplies last.
“Turbo” has generated more than $250 million worldwide after its mid-July opening. It’s a decent commercial success all things considered. In terms of an advertisement for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or IndyCar though, it’s harder to measure.
Video from NASCAR America
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 0
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9