Nov 12, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
IndyCar’s 2013 season is over, but a part of the season is released today on DVD and Blu-Ray … well, sort of.
The DreamWorks Animation studio film, “Turbo,” featuring a snail gaining superpowers to be able to compete in the Indianapolis 500, is now out for Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD, with various bonuses on each edition. The Blu-ray and DVD are packaged with a “Turbo” pullback toy racer while supplies last.
“Turbo” has generated more than $250 million worldwide after its mid-July opening. It’s a decent commercial success all things considered. In terms of an advertisement for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or IndyCar though, it’s harder to measure.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)