Nov 12, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
IndyCar’s 2013 season is over, but a part of the season is released today on DVD and Blu-Ray … well, sort of.
The DreamWorks Animation studio film, “Turbo,” featuring a snail gaining superpowers to be able to compete in the Indianapolis 500, is now out for Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD, with various bonuses on each edition. The Blu-ray and DVD are packaged with a “Turbo” pullback toy racer while supplies last.
“Turbo” has generated more than $250 million worldwide after its mid-July opening. It’s a decent commercial success all things considered. In terms of an advertisement for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or IndyCar though, it’s harder to measure.
- NHRA: New president Peter Clifford full of ideas to get drag racing back on-track 0
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 3
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 13
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 5