Nov 12, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
IndyCar’s 2013 season is over, but a part of the season is released today on DVD and Blu-Ray … well, sort of.
The DreamWorks Animation studio film, “Turbo,” featuring a snail gaining superpowers to be able to compete in the Indianapolis 500, is now out for Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD, with various bonuses on each edition. The Blu-ray and DVD are packaged with a “Turbo” pullback toy racer while supplies last.
“Turbo” has generated more than $250 million worldwide after its mid-July opening. It’s a decent commercial success all things considered. In terms of an advertisement for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or IndyCar though, it’s harder to measure.
Video from NASCAR America
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 0
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 3
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 1
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 3
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 4
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 7