Nov 14, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The United States Grand Prix is one of the most hotly anticipated races on the Formula One calendar, with Austin, Texas, welcoming drivers, teams and fans from all over the world. It appears that Formula One has found a good foothold in the US, and the second grand prix to be held at the Circuit of the Americas will look to build upon the success of the inaugural event that was won by Lewis Hamilton.
However, all eyes will be on Sebastian Vettel who aims for an unprecedented eighth consecutive victory this Sunday, when NBC Sports presents live coverage of the Formula One United States Grand Prix at 1 p.m. CT, highlighting more than 18 hours of Formula 1 coverage across NBC, NBCSN and CNBC this weekend.
Race coverage will begin with F1 Countdown, NBC’s 60-minute, on-site pre-race show, at noon CT hosted by NBC Sports Group’s lead F1 commentator Leigh Diffey. Diffey will be on-site at the Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas, alongside David Hobbs (analyst), Steve Matchett (analyst), and Will Buxton (reporter).
In addition to pre-race analysis, F1 Countdown will feature a sit-down interview with Diffey and Vettel, and an introduction to the race voiced over by Rush director Ron Howard.
|Fri., November 15||United States Grand Prix – Practice||NBCSN||1 p.m.|
|Fri., November 15||United States Grand Prix – Practice (Encore)||NBCSN||10 p.m.|
|Sat., November 16||F1 36||NBCSN||12:30 a.m.|
|Sat., November 16||United States Grand Prix – Qualifying||CNBC||1 p.m.|
|Sat., November 16||United States Grand Prix – Qualifying (Encore)||NBCSN||6:30 p.m.|
|Sat., November 16||United States Grand Prix – Qualifying (Encore)||NBCSN||11 p.m.|
|Sun., November 17||F1 Countdown||NBC||1 p.m.|
|Sun., November 17||United States Grand Prix||NBC||2 p.m.|
|Sun., November 17||United States Grand Prix (Encore)||NBCN||6 p.m.|
*All times ET
NBC Sports Live Extra — NBC Sports’ live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets — will provide live comprehensive streaming coverage of the Formula One United States Grand Prix, as well as practice and qualifying in the days preceding the race . Coverage will be streamed via “TV Everywhere,” the media industry’s effort to make quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of home and on multiple platforms.
For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at NBCSports.com/liveextra. The NBC Sports Live Extra app for mobile devices and tablets is available at the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and on select Android handset and tablet devices within Google Play.
Coverage airing on:
- NBC will live stream to PCs, mobile devices and tablets through NBC Sports Live Extra;
- NBCSN will live stream to PCs, mobile devices and tablets through NBC Sports Live Extra, and to the digital platforms of participating cable, satellite, and telco services, via “TV Everywhere,” which is available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of participating MVPDs.
Further to the TV coverage, be sure to use MotorSportsTalk as your definitive source for all news, interviews and features from the United States Grand Prix weekend, as well as following @F1onNBCSports on Twitter for live commentary throughout the televised sessions.
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 1
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 1
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)