Nov 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Races can be won and lost at the first corner, making it one of the most important moments of a race weekend. However, turn one at the Circuit of the Americas – that will host this weekend’s United States Grand Prix, live on NBC from 1pm ET on Sunday – is perhaps the most unique on the calendar. The uphill run to the first corner leads drivers to a wide portion of track, allowing for a variety of lines and lots of overtaking as well as a number of cars exiting the pits at the same time. NBCSN’s Steve Matchett gives you the inside line on the corner, showing you what the drivers are facing this weekend at COTA.
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)