Nov 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Races can be won and lost at the first corner, making it one of the most important moments of a race weekend. However, turn one at the Circuit of the Americas – that will host this weekend’s United States Grand Prix, live on NBC from 1pm ET on Sunday – is perhaps the most unique on the calendar. The uphill run to the first corner leads drivers to a wide portion of track, allowing for a variety of lines and lots of overtaking as well as a number of cars exiting the pits at the same time. NBCSN’s Steve Matchett gives you the inside line on the corner, showing you what the drivers are facing this weekend at COTA.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 4
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 13
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0