Nov 16, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Many IndyCar folks have been here on the ground in Austin at Circuit of the Americas this weekend. To wit, we’ve already touched on Simona de Silvestro visiting with Sauber for a photo op, the series president of competition and operations Derrick Walker’s possible series changes, and circuit ambassador and racing legend Mario Andretti’s opinions on IndyCar’s 2014 schedule and Heikki Kovalainen’s settling into Lotus.
But, there’s even more bits and pieces that are emerging:
- Luca Filippi, who starred in his cameo appearances for Bryan Herta Autosport/Barracuda Racing this year, is close to a full-time deal with the team for 2014 per multiple sources. The Italian made an incredible and indelible impression on the team at Mid-Ohio, Baltimore and Houston. He’s here this weekend with TV work with English broadcaster Sky Sports.
- Michael Andretti joins his father Mario on the premises. The middle Andretti confirmed a RACER report that Craig Hampson will move into a team R&D role, with Nathan O’Rourke moving over from Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing to become James Hinchcliffe’s engineer. Hinchcliffe, who was scheduled to test Monday in Sebring, will not test now and that leaves just Ryan Hunter-Reay and Carlos Munoz to test.
- Charlie Kimball was also here today, in the midst of a whirlwind offseason, as a guest of the Mercedes F1 Team. Kimball said any rumblings about who could enter the Chip Ganassi Racing fold to replace the retired Dario Franchitti was “above his pay grade.”
Aug 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Lotus being punished by Spa’s high-speed nature.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Without IndyCar on track on Friday, Friday will be an abnormal day on track at Sonoma Raceway.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
When he’s not racing in Red Bull Global Rallycross, Scott Speed shows Kristen Kenney the way around a golf course.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Lotus driver crashed hard in FP2, but said that it looked bigger than it actually was.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Ortho will debut on the No. 16 car next weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway and make two more appearances this year before becoming an “anchor partner” of the team in 2015.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Immediately on the pace despite not having driven an F1 car in over ten years.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Defending F1 world champion is concerned about penalties due to engine component changes later in the season.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
Another practice, another Mercedes one-two…
Aug 22, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
Will Rosberg and Hamilton continue to lead the way during practice at Spa?
Aug 22, 2014, 7:20 AM EDT
All of the latest news and interviews from the paddock at Spa-Francorchamps ahead of this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:46 AM EDT
Three of F1’s field take on the ice bucket challenge in aid of ALS.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
German driver not dwelling on Hamilton’s flouting of team orders in Hungary.
Aug 22, 2014, 5:32 AM EDT
Mercedes’ runaway train shows few signs of slowing down in 2014.
Aug 22, 2014, 4:20 AM EDT
The Marussia driver debacle rages on as Rossi is benched for the rest of the weekend.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
F1 returns from its summer break with first practice at Spa today, live on Live Extra from 4am ET.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr’s crew chief, Steve Letarte, joined NASCAR America on Thursday to talk about the different feeling that Bristol Motor Speedway has and goes over the strategy his team has for the race.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Mazda Road to Indy titles will be decided in Sonoma this weekend.
Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson pace NNS practices; Milka Duno seeks to become first Latina to qualify for a NASCAR event
Aug 21, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson topped Thursday afternoon’s pair of Nationwide Series practice sessions at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
After the popularity of the team’s drivers, the next most popular thing around Team Penske is The Penske Files, especially editions that contain bloopers. Check out the latest edition of TPF bloopers!
WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 6:30 p.m. ET — Steve Letarte, Tennessee racing history, Truck race highlights
Aug 21, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America, which airs LIVE at 6:30 pm ET, will cover a lot of ground, including Dale Earnhardt Jr. crew chief (and future NASCAR on NBC analyst) Steve Letarte, breaking down and the history of Bristol Motor Speedway and lots more.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Belgian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Rosberg leads Hamilton in first Belgian GP practice 0
- Chilton to race in Belgium after all; Rossi denied F1 debut 4
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0