Nov 16, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
The fine-tuning is over. All the preparations have been made. And now, all that’s left to do is crown a champion.
“Set-Up Saturday” at Homestead-Miami Speedway ended with the top two Sprint Cup title contenders leading Sprint Cup final practice for tomorrow’s season-ending Ford Ecoboost 400.
However, Johnson – who leads Kenseth by 28 points for the championship going into tomorrow’s race – had the fastest 10-consecutive lap average in the session. Johnson’s first ten laps in the session averaged out at 167.905 mph.
Kenseth starts on pole tomorrow, while Johnson starts seventh. Harvick, who is still in contention for the championship as well at 34 points behind Johnson, starts sixth.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 4
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 4
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 17
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 1
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (18)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)