Nov 16, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
The fine-tuning is over. All the preparations have been made. And now, all that’s left to do is crown a champion.
“Set-Up Saturday” at Homestead-Miami Speedway ended with the top two Sprint Cup title contenders leading Sprint Cup final practice for tomorrow’s season-ending Ford Ecoboost 400.
However, Johnson – who leads Kenseth by 28 points for the championship going into tomorrow’s race – had the fastest 10-consecutive lap average in the session. Johnson’s first ten laps in the session averaged out at 167.905 mph.
Kenseth starts on pole tomorrow, while Johnson starts seventh. Harvick, who is still in contention for the championship as well at 34 points behind Johnson, starts sixth.
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 1
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0
- Chase-eligible teams – but not drivers – allowed at Homestead tire test 3
- Q&A: Kevin Healy on Milwaukee IndyFest activation heading into Wisconsin State Fair 0
- Report: Ecclestone says no to standing restarts in 2015 4