Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
NBC’s Formula One pit reporter and insider Will Buxton’s BigTime Bash on Thursday night at The Speakeasy on Congress was a rousing success from several standpoints.
The first: thanks to the generosity of all patrons who attended, with a $5 donation at the door, the door takings were $4,560 raised for Meals on Wheels and More. But with several other donors matching the amount, the overall total raised was $13,680.
The NBC team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett was also on hand, as were Force India test drivers Conor Daly and James Calado, Lotus reserve Davide Valsecchi and former IndyCar star Gil de Ferran, who arrived direct from the Austin airport.
The full recap of the bash can be found on Buxton’s blog – linked here – but I can confirm it was a great night of fun, friends and Formula One in downtown Austin.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1