Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
NBC’s Formula One pit reporter and insider Will Buxton’s BigTime Bash on Thursday night at The Speakeasy on Congress was a rousing success from several standpoints.
The first: thanks to the generosity of all patrons who attended, with a $5 donation at the door, the door takings were $4,560 raised for Meals on Wheels and More. But with several other donors matching the amount, the overall total raised was $13,680.
The NBC team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett was also on hand, as were Force India test drivers Conor Daly and James Calado, Lotus reserve Davide Valsecchi and former IndyCar star Gil de Ferran, who arrived direct from the Austin airport.
The full recap of the bash can be found on Buxton’s blog – linked here – but I can confirm it was a great night of fun, friends and Formula One in downtown Austin.
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1