Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
NBC’s Formula One pit reporter and insider Will Buxton’s BigTime Bash on Thursday night at The Speakeasy on Congress was a rousing success from several standpoints.
The first: thanks to the generosity of all patrons who attended, with a $5 donation at the door, the door takings were $4,560 raised for Meals on Wheels and More. But with several other donors matching the amount, the overall total raised was $13,680.
The NBC team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett was also on hand, as were Force India test drivers Conor Daly and James Calado, Lotus reserve Davide Valsecchi and former IndyCar star Gil de Ferran, who arrived direct from the Austin airport.
The full recap of the bash can be found on Buxton’s blog – linked here – but I can confirm it was a great night of fun, friends and Formula One in downtown Austin.
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 0
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 2
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0