Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
NBC’s Formula One pit reporter and insider Will Buxton’s BigTime Bash on Thursday night at The Speakeasy on Congress was a rousing success from several standpoints.
The first: thanks to the generosity of all patrons who attended, with a $5 donation at the door, the door takings were $4,560 raised for Meals on Wheels and More. But with several other donors matching the amount, the overall total raised was $13,680.
The NBC team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett was also on hand, as were Force India test drivers Conor Daly and James Calado, Lotus reserve Davide Valsecchi and former IndyCar star Gil de Ferran, who arrived direct from the Austin airport.
The full recap of the bash can be found on Buxton’s blog – linked here – but I can confirm it was a great night of fun, friends and Formula One in downtown Austin.
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)