Nov 17, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
NBC’s Formula One pit reporter and insider Will Buxton’s BigTime Bash on Thursday night at The Speakeasy on Congress was a rousing success from several standpoints.
The first: thanks to the generosity of all patrons who attended, with a $5 donation at the door, the door takings were $4,560 raised for Meals on Wheels and More. But with several other donors matching the amount, the overall total raised was $13,680.
The NBC team of Leigh Diffey, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett was also on hand, as were Force India test drivers Conor Daly and James Calado, Lotus reserve Davide Valsecchi and former IndyCar star Gil de Ferran, who arrived direct from the Austin airport.
The full recap of the bash can be found on Buxton’s blog – linked here – but I can confirm it was a great night of fun, friends and Formula One in downtown Austin.
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 0
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1